Old August 25th 11, 01:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Denis McMahon Denis McMahon is offline

Default Chaos at Hayes & Harlington - as new C.I.S. mis-informs pax

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:54:41 -0700, CJB wrote:

You couldn't make this up. The new c.i.s. has been up and misinforming
passengers for over two weeks - and nothing is being done to correct the
system.

Could the problem here be being caused by users who don't understand the
difference between "Arrivals" and "Departures".

11:23 arrival from London Paddington on P3, departs at 11:23 for Heathrow
Airport

11:25 arrival from Reading on P4, departs at 11:26 for London Paddington

11:31 arrival from London Paddington on P3, departs at 11:32 for Reading

etc etc etc

Looks to me as if the two displays are pretty much in total agreement
about what trains are arriving from where, on which platform, and then
departing to where.

Rgds

Denis McMahon