Old August 25th 11, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Chaos at Hayes & Harlington - as new C.I.S. mis-informs pax

On 25/08/2011 12:59, Lew 1 wrote:
I was astounded once to watch a train at Luton Airport Parkway announced as
approaching and then standing at Platform 1 with complete synchronicity.
The only problem? The train was actually approaching and then standing at
platform 3.

I've seen this happen quite often there, and sometimes held doors open
for those with luggage who are still struggling down the steps (being
near an airport, this is often the case at this station). I have, of
course, complained to FCC who always say that it's an isolated incident.
However many isolated incidents there are, they don't see any need to
get it fixed (and for all I know, it may be Network Rail's fault, but
they seem to be completely insulated from complaints). Some drivers
are equally obnoxious, sometimes shouting at those who helpfully hold
the doors open.

All you can do, as far as I know, is complain to the train company, and
when you don't get a sensible answer (as you won't) take it up with
London Travelwatch (or the appropriate consumer body). They won't do
anything useful either, but if enough people did the same, eventually
someone might get the message. It must cost the train companies a
small amount to answer every complaint, and I'm sure they monitor that,
so they have a very tiny incentive to fix things that are easy to fix.
This ought to be easy for them to fix, they just have to pass the buck
to Network Rail, after all.

--
Clive Page