Old August 25th 11, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 25 August 2011 20:04:59 ...
In articleop.v0rqfphcyfeo2q@pc-prime,

(andypurk) wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:53:12 +0100, Paul Scott
wrote:

wrote in message
o.uk...

As for Willesden Junction, IIRC the pink validator is half-way along
the (narrow) tunnel between the two groups of platforms, so anyone
who would benefit from using the pink validator there will naturally
walk past it when changing trains.

Isn't there a second route nowadays from the north end of the
footbridge (ie turning left at the top of the P1/2/3 stairs) to
the eastern end of the high level platforms - not a lot of use if
there is no pink validator in that direction...

Yes there is. I've only used it once and can't recall if there was an
Oyster validator on that route. If there isn't, then there should be.

There should be one on the NLL platforms as people can change
trains there.

Are you thinking about journeys like Highbury & Islington to Clapham
Junction, if you get a Richmond train and have to change at WJ to a
WJ-CJ train? But you can do the whole journey on one train if you
time it right. What happens then? Do you get lumbered with a "via
Zone 1" fare?

We had a discussion here where I got lumbered with a "via Zone 1" fare
despite touching the pink validator. I think the problem was because I
continued to Putney. If I had stopped at Clapham Junction I'd have got a
"via Zone 2" fare.

I was thinking more of changing involving reversal there which might be a
bit more likely to be justified. That said, even Acton Central to Shepherd's
Bush doesn't look too plausible, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel