Old August 25th 11, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden

On Aug 25, 10:22*pm, wrote:

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

There should be one on the NLL platforms as people can change
trains there.

Are you thinking about journeys like Highbury & Islington to Clapham
Junction, if you get a Richmond train and have to change at WJ to a
WJ-CJ train? *But you can do the whole journey on one train if you
time it right. What happens then? *Do you get lumbered with a "via
Zone 1" fare?

We had a discussion here where I got lumbered with a "via Zone 1" fare
despite touching the pink validator. I think the problem was because I
continued to Putney. If I had stopped at Clapham Junction I'd have got a
"via Zone 2" fare.

Yes, if I remember the discussion correctly that was indeed the issue
- it was a Highbury & Islington to Putney journey, via NLL/WLL to CJ
then SWT - but there's no 'non-z1' fare in the system for that
journey.

I was thinking more of changing involving reversal there which might be a
bit more likely to be justified. That said, even Acton Central to Shepherd's
Bush doesn't look too plausible, though.

Acton Central to Shepherd's Bush (LO) is charged as a zone 2&3 journey
anyway.