Old August 26th 11, 05:27 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default A less pleasant aspect of 'railway photography'?

On 25/08/2011 21:29, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In message
,
1506 wrote:
If I am mugged it is a crime. If a homosexual is mugged it is a
hate crime.

False.

If a homosexual is mugged *because* she is homosexual, it is a hate
crime. If she is mugged because some low-life wants cash for his drug
habit, it is not a hate crime, just a crime.

What happens if she believes it was because she is homosexual, but the
mugger disagrees? What standard of proof is needed?

IANAL, but I'm slightly uncomfortable with some classes of victims being
told their incident is "just" a crime. But I am somewhat biased as a
result of having been a young white male English-speaking locally-born
atheist heterosexual victim of an assault that I was quite lucky to survive.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK