Old August 30th 11, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Free parking in London

Where is the closest place to central London that you can park on the
street for free all week without needing a permit? Measured to the
forecourt of Charing Cross station in the event of a tie.

I don't want to park a car in London but I've been watching the slow
creep of controlled parking zones and as they join up it can't be long
before the whole of London is covered. I assume zone 1 & 2 are already
covered?