Old August 30th 11, 04:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Railsigns.co.uk Railsigns.co.uk is offline

Default 1506 and Boltar

On Aug 30, 11:37*am, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 29, 8:22*pm, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

The countryside: That would be farms. *Farmers are the folks who work
long hours to put food on your table. *They are common sense people.
They vote Conservative because they have worked very hard for what
they have.

Are you saying that the Labour Party's core voters - the working class
- don't work hard? There's a clue in the name.

As to what causes people to vote Conservative, mainly it's the
combination of being both well-off and selfish: "I'm all right, Jack".
Then there are the xenophobes and bigots, if they haven't switched to
voting UKIP or BNP. And some people are just plain clueless or too
young to remember the Thatcher years.

Do you have a problem with that?

Nowhere in the post you replied to did I even suggest I had a problem
with anything.

Nock the countryside if you wish. *You are biting the hand that feeds you.

You are reading words that I did not write. I would never "nock" the
countryside and neither would I knock it. I was brought up in the
countryside, for flip sake.