Old August 31st 11, 11:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default 1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:54:31 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
You were claiming that British farmers could set up a cartel and cause
the supermarkets, such as Tesco, to panic about their suppies. I merely
pointed out that given the world wide supply chains that supermarkets,
such as Tesco, have already set up, then said supermarkets, such as
Tesco, were unlikely to be that worried.

On the contrary , I think they'd be very worried. As I said , if they started
sourcing ALL their goods from abroad the price would go up steeply.

You then introduced the standard right-wing bogie man of the EU which
has nothing to do with the issue.

Umm hello? Farming subsidies?

As for your obsession with mung beans, do British farmers actually
produce such things on any great scale?

You're the one who keeps mentioning them, not me. I've never eaten them,
know nothing about them and nor do I care to.

B2003