Old July 16th 03, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Pete Smith Pete Smith is offline

Default the quest for safety

In article ,
says...
So, we have someone afoot in Lane 1 at midnight - which is definitely
not an activity to be undertaken without hi-viz clothing and a Damned
Good Reason - though of course we don't know why he was there. Or
indeed where in Lane 1 he was - on the edge? In the middle?
Crossing? Walking back to recover something which he had seen from
his car?

Girlfriend was in the car, in the layby. I don't know _exactly_ where the
accident occurred (photos weren't clear enough), because there are 2
laybys within a mile of each other on that stretch. If the car was in the
2nd one, he could have run out of petrol, and have been walking back to
Wrexham.

(Aside : This is why I have breakdown recovery. There's no way in hell I'd
leave _my_ wife, alone in a car, on a road like that, at midnight)

The going to get something he'd seen is a possibility. Sometimes you see
these _great_ hawsers and loads of rope fallen off lorries that are just
_begging_ to be picked up. Preferably while watching the road :-/

Pete.

--
NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you
Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail