Old February 12th 04, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Why People Won't Use Public Transport in London

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
But it still
doesn't answer the question regarding what percentage need to travel after
the last train has left?

The question you should really ask is: how many need to travel
occasionally after the last train has left. Because being forced to find
a different way home, for those occasions (eg a car), leaves you more
likely to consider using the car at all times.

In my own case, the unreliability of WAGN after Hatfield caused me to
reconsider travelling by train, and to buy a new car and drive to work
every day (not just the days I couldn't afford to be late), because once
I had the car I might as well use it (being half an hour quicker than
the train, even when the train was running perfectly).