Old September 1st 11, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is there an easy way of knowing which stations charge same as tubes?

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:16:03AM -0700, Trist?n White wrote:

If you're on the move, no smartphone or ipad to hand, and normally no
staff anywhere, how does one know whether one will be charged a "tube"
fair from an NR station or a rail fair?

You memorize a long list, or ...

not worth paying up to =A31.20 more for the privilege.

.... you stop caring about such little things.

There still needs to be a lot of clarification on these issues... most
people really haven't a clue, including often myself, as to how much a
journey is likely to cost me, whether my journey will be capped on my
Oyster, etc etc. When will it be simplified - or at least, an attempt
to bring the NR prices more in line with tube prices?

It doesn't need simplifying. Oyster is the best of all possible worlds.

The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons