Old September 1st 11, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Is there an easy way of knowing which stations charge same as tubes?

"tim...." wrote in message

I don't see that it should need to. All that has to happen is that the
stations are put in whatever zone it is that keeps the fare the same as
now. Pre-Oyster the reason for not including stations outside of London in
LT ticketing was that there wasn't an appropriate fare, all fares were
zonal except for the special point to point fares on the Met. Now that
zones have been "created" for these Met stations I see no reason why they
can't be used to include other stations (and whilst they are at it they
can fix some of the anomalies that have historically paced stations in
Zone 6 that really should have been in 7 or 8!)

But if that was the simple solution that you believe, then why did they have
to bring in "zone G" for c2c? Presumably because National Rail fares
to/from outside zone 6 on that line do NOT fit the 7-9 fares...

Paul S