Old September 2nd 11, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Stratford International line - almost open!?

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:45:24 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
d ()
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:32:31 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:22:27 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:

Apparently, it really is, finally, open:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14727813

Yep - I've even had a ride on it.

So finally after however many years it is and hundreds of millions spent -
TA DA! We now have a light railway running on exactly the same route as
a heavy railway ran on. Well that was money well spent.

Not exactly. You're forgetting the Stratford International bit.

I doubt it would have been beyond the wit of man to realign or branch off
the original straford line to serve there. Even when the NLL served these
stations they were allegedly poorly used. Who the hell is going to use them
now when the service stops at stratford int? People going into london will
just change at canning town or go all the way to Bank.

B2003