Old September 5th 11, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Semi-OT - Liberal Democrat mayoral nomination & transport pledges

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 01:38:54PM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 01:27:32 +0100, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:
For those who haven't yet seen the outcome, Brian Paddick has been selected
as the Liberal Democrat nominee for Mayor.

A shame because he'll get squashed out of the way by Ken and Boris.

Good. He's a loon. Remember his transport policies four years ago?
Women-only tube carriages, and free wifi (in the inner boroughs only,
presumably) paid for by slashing TfL's communications budget.
Apparently it's better to compete with Starbucks than to tell people
when the Tube gone done broke.

While Mr Tuffrey may have less of a profile than Mr Paddick I think he
would have placed both of the other candidates under a lot of scrutiny
about policy and delivery which is what is actually needed.

FWIW, I'm a member of the Lib Dems. I got campaigning emails from all
four candidates. I replied to all four, asking detailed questions. The
only one to give a decent reply was Tuffrey.

* A clean-air zone for central London with action on high-polluting
vehicles

Don't we have the LEZ already?

That's one of the questions I asked him and didn't get a reply to.

fdisk format reinstall, doo-dah, doo-dah;
fdisk format reinstall, it's the Windows way