Old September 5th 11, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Stations overcrowding report finalised

In message , David
Cantrell writes
On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 03:14:42PM +0100, Paul Terry wrote:

If nothing is done, I imagine the problems will become much worse when
the ELL starts using platform 2 next year.

I don't think it would be that bad actually, provided you don't get WLL
and ELL trains arriving at the same time - will the track layout even
allow that?

Yes it will. The intention is that the WLL will terminate at the
Waterloo end of platform 2 (to become platform 2a), and the ELL will
terminate at the country end of platform 2 (to become platform 2b and
accessed via the currently unused central track between the platform 2
and 3 tracks).

Another route down from the platform would be nice, and it could perhaps
be done with minimal disruption to the rest of the station if it just
drops down over the side of the viaduct.

An exit chute with safety net might be fun
--
Paul Terry