Old September 5th 11, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Countdown Regenerated...

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

wrote:
[Countdown on the (mobile) web]
When I tried looking at this from my mobile at home it "remembered" the
last bus stop code I had entered which is actually for one in Cambridge.
Is this part of a larger national project?

Yes, I think it is - at least I think it's being co-ordinated with
the wider Traveline provision of live bus running information (or RTI
- real time information).

I'm guessing you were looking at the Cambridge information via
Traveline's "NextBuses" interface at http://mytraveline.mobi, or is
there another interface?

I suppose so but it's too long ago to remember.

The NextBuses service doesn't appear to be taking a live feed of the
Countdown information (yet) - it just shows the timetabled departures
for particular stops - nor does it appear to accept London bus stop
codes (yet).

I think it depends on what Real Time information is available. There is a
mixture in Cambridge. Some buses show minutes to go, others timetabled
departure times which means that late running buses without Real Time
information disappear when the due time passes.

--
Colin Rosenstiel