Old September 5th 11, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Countdown Regenerated...

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

wrote:

In article ,
(Mizter
T) wrote:

wrote:
[Countdown on the (mobile) web]
When I tried looking at this from my mobile at home it "remembered"
the last bus stop code I had entered which is actually for one in
Cambridge. Is this part of a larger national project?

Yes, I think it is - at least I think it's being co-ordinated with
the wider Traveline provision of live bus running information (or RTI
- real time information).

I'm guessing you were looking at the Cambridge information via
Traveline's "NextBuses" interface at http://mytraveline.mobi, or is
there another interface?

I suppose so but it's too long ago to remember.

There should be some relatively easy way of seeing the URL that lies
behind a bookmark, though it does vary by device and mobile browser.
Or else click on "New Search" - if it's the Traveline NextBuses
service that should take you to their front page.

The NextBuses service doesn't appear to be taking a live feed of the
Countdown information (yet) - it just shows the timetabled departures
for particular stops - nor does it appear to accept London bus stop
codes (yet).

I think it depends on what Real Time information is available. There is
a mixture in Cambridge. Some buses show minutes to go, others timetabled
departure times which means that late running buses without Real Time
information disappear when the due time passes.

Yes, that seems to be the basic modus operandi for such services - if
proper RTI isn't available, then it shows the timetabled departure
time instead.

e.g. this is Oxontime, Oxfordshire CC's bus RTI service - whether a
bus is shown in 'RTI-mode' or not is explained under the "What you
see?" heading he
http://www.oxontime.com/style/pages/about.asp

RTI coverage for Oxontime is outlined he
http://www.oxontime.com/style/pages/coverage.asp

The browser on my phone is utter crap. So I've no idea how to get at any of
the suggested data.

--
Colin Rosenstiel