Old February 12th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard Richard is offline

Default Fatality at Balham?

: Not a particularly good example. There are numerous examples of fatal
: crashes in which the evidence is dragged off the road within hours -
: basically as soon as the ambulances are gone.

Bad comparison:

1) This ain't a mere fatal crash. There is a suspicion that the victim

Fatal crashes are often killings caused by someone's crime. Why should they
be dealt with less seriously than murders?

I see that a main road in Birmingham was entirely closed for the
morning rush hour a couple of days ago after a child was killed by a
police car.

We have had 5 children killed in my (small) town in the past year - 4
pedestrians, one cyclist - all but one killed by illegal actions by a driver
(cyclist driven into, 3 children killed in separate incidents by drivers
failing to give way when turning). Speed implicated in all 5 cases.

No prosecutions and no serious investigation - roads quickly reopened. It's
a scandal that is being ignored.

One suspects the only reason your case was properly investigated was because
the PCA would be involved.

Richard