Old September 6th 11, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default Stratford Intl DLR service patterns

In message , Paul Corfield
wrote:
I think that will happen sooner or later, but at the moment I don't think
they have enough trains to run both services.

Good point about train numbers. Maybe the decision to expand all those
'three car' routes have fouled up the original plans?

I don't get this argument about too few trains.

Let's see. Looking at the current morning peak, we have:

one way round trip spacing
BAN-LEW 3-car 30 minutes 64 minutes 4 minutes 16 trains 48 cars
TOW-BEC 3-car 31 minutes 64 minutes 8 minutes 8 trains 24 cars
BAN-WWA 2-car 31 minutes 64 minutes 8 minutes 8 trains 16 cars
SFI-WWA 2-car 23 minutes 48 minutes 8 minutes 6 trains 12 cars
SFD-CAW 2-car 16 minutes 36 minutes 12 minutes 3 trains 6 cars
SFD-LEW 3-car 35 minutes 72 minutes 12 minutes 6 trains 18 cars

Total 124 cars out of 155. Adding SFI-BEC with 2-car trains adds another
12 cars, making 136. That's 88% utilisation.

Extending the entire existing service to 3-car would take 141 cars;
adding SFI-BEC as well makes 159!

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org