Old September 9th 11, 12:32 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

In message
, at
02:03:04 on Wed, 7 Sep 2011, 1506 remarked:
It is a pity no one service can reach all Heathrow Terminals.
Heathrow really needs an internal transit system, like Atlanta
Hartsfield-Jackson.

I think they believe the Heathrow Connect/HEx free shuttles fulfil that
need. Although I agree that elsewhere (I can think of Chicago, DFW,
Newark as well as ATL in USA, then CDG and Frankfurt in Europe) they
have Gatwick style people mover.

At Brisbane there's a proper suburban train which calls at both
terminals, but they charge $5 for it[1]. That train also has the
interesting property that the ticket price includes free "missed flight"
insurance if caused by a railway delay.

[1] There's also a bus, but that's $5 too. There doesn't seem to be any
way to get a free transfer, and it's too far to walk easily.