Old September 9th 11, 08:56 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default A less pleasant aspect of 'railway photography'?

On Aug 28, 1:18*am, Nick wrote:
On Aug 27, 5:27*pm, wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:03:47 +0100

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\08\26 20:51, Arthur Figgis wrote:

I suspect most of the Mail and Guardian journalists could switch papers
and re-slant their stories to suit the different audience with ease.

Melanie Phillips did just such a switch, although switching from left to
right with increasing age is probably normal, as Churchill suggested.

Not surprising really. The older you get the more you see how the world
really works and gain a better understanding of human nature and peoples real
motivations. Idealism rarely survives a long term encounter with life.

B2003

I have to say, I find that profoundly depressing. If anything, one
would expect that encounters with hard times in adult life, when it's
your responsibility - not anyone else's - to pay the bills, and if you
can't, life becomes difficult - would swing people leftwards. A little
over 20 years into adult life and I still have no inclination
whatsoever to vote Conservative or become either a social or an
economic conservative, or both - and I doubt I will even in my fifties
and beyond.

In any case, generally western society'smoralshave- generally, with
some exceptions, improved with time, (one has only got to go back to
the Victorian era,

You are kidding, right?

or the feudal system to see that that is so) though
in my lifetime it appears to have flatlined rather - so I think there
is a general tendency in the human race to want to improve things.

Nick- Hide quoted text -