Old September 10th 11, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Countdown Regenerated...

Tom Anderson wrote
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

Eh ?

A View Source seems to show lots of javascript.

None of it essential. If you switch javascript off entirely, the
accessible site works perfectly (in Firefox on OS X and Linux, at

least; however, without javascript, it should be very portable).

All three versions are doing something my Kindle's browser doesn't

like which result in nothing I type into the search box appearing,
indeed this is also true of the site search box which works fine on
other
TfL pages.

Interesting. Can you disable javascript? As i said, the accessible

site works perfectly without it on my browser, so there is a fighting
chance it will work on a Kindle. If a non-javascript site works on a
desktop
but not a Kindle, that would be surprising and interesting. It would be
worth bringing to TfL's attention, although the Kindle might not be on
their
list of supported browsers, even for the accessible site.

the Kindel browser uses WebKit so results from Safari, Chrome and
Android would be of interest for the two site versions mentioned below

Yes, I can disable javascript on the Kindle browser and I was about to
type "it makes no difference" until I realised I had six tests to do.

So search text cannot be entered, javascript disabled or not, for :-
http://accessible.countdown.tfl.gov.uk/
http://m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk/

But CAN be entered, javascript disabled or not, for :-
http://countdown.tfl.gov.uk/

Which I thought I had tested.

Also at this point I found myself doing the same thing and getting
different results, since after the search I at first got an automatic
switch to the 'accessible' URL but after I had saved bus stops this no
longer happened. It then showed the saved stops while denying there
were any.

Thanks anyway.

--
Mike D