Old September 11th 11, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom,uk.comp.mobile
Brian A Brian A is offline

Default Public internet access on the london underground

On 2011-09-10, Adrian C wrote:
In the past, there has been discussion about allowing mobile phone
operators to install base stations below ground and provide some
coverage for folks on trains. This is yet to happen?

So what? Read a book, go to sleep, get a life.

I don't live in London but I know from my visits how hectic it is. I
certainly wouldn't want to live in London but it is great for a visit.
I would imagine that being cut off from communication is a welcome break
for many people. It probably makes people more efficient rather than less
so. Rather like when some people, at work might, look something up an the
Net that is non-work related. People need a mental break in order to
function at their best.

--
'Sign' the Government ePetition:
"Mobile phone data should be free to use, unhindered, in any way you