Old September 11th 11, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Ripoff tube fares

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:19:00 +0100
eastender wrote:
I've been to Kiev - it's a much smaller metro (and it makes a loss). Try

Size is irrelevant (skip the jokes). And so what if it makes a loss - since
when did public transport have to post a profit? It exists to allow people
to get to work to generate profits. You might as well say that pavements
and roads should be profitable.

comparing systems such as London and Paris/New York.

Both paris and new york are a damn sight cheaper. I can't comment on the
service levels since I haven't been on either for a while.

B2003