Old September 12th 11, 02:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message , at 15:08:42 on
Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Recliner remarked:

I once got to use the LHR airside inter-terminal bus
when travelling *from* Heathrow (rather than when in transit). I was
going to Lyon (on BA) and just assumed the flight left from T4, like
the Paris flights.

When I flew Lyon-LHR on BA about four years ago it arrived at T4.

Having got through security, I was puzzled to see no sign
of the flight on the departure boards and then discovered it actually
left from T1.

One of the reasons for security examining boarding cards ought to be
to stop that kind of mistake happening.

Indeed so. I think the automated check in T5 would prevent the problem,
but human inspections are obviously fallible. They were probably more
interested in checking that I had a Club class ticket with the right
date as I entered the Fast track line, than they were checking that I
was at the right terminal.