Old September 12th 11, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:11:20 on
Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Bruce remarked:

Have you actually been there and experienced it at first hand (I did).

It really can't have been *that* attractive if you came back.

I was there for a week staying with friends. Plenty of time to find out
what it's all about from an immigrant's point of view. I then spent a
week at a conference with colleagues, many of whom live there, so I'd
heard a lot about it before.

Visiting somewhere for a week doesn't give you the faintest idea of
the reality of living there, except I suppose if you are Roland Perry,
who seems to form most of his "opinions" on a whim.