Old September 14th 11, 07:20 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

On Sep 13, 3:25*pm, "Martin Rich" wrote:
"1506" wrote in message

Indeed, currently, I am still adjusting to the changes in the UK
during my absence. *The first time I tried to use a chip and pin debit
card was embarrassing. *It was at Victoria Station and I kept removing
the card too soon.

There have been differences in credit card handling between the US and
Europe for many years, but the nature of the differences has changed. *When
I first visited the US I had a struggle to convince some retailers that my
Access card, as it was then still branded, could be accepted as a
Mastercard. *

Exactly my experience in the 1980s.

On recent visits it's been a surprise to find that PINs still
aren't used when paying by credit card.

Chip and PIN is unknown in the United States.