Old September 14th 11, 09:55 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 01:16:30 -0700 (PDT)
Neil Williams wrote:
Taxis are an irritating example of a high value product for which
cards are generally not accepted. This is a real annoyance; I would
be much more inclined to use them if I could pay by card rather than
worrying if I have the right change for a high-value transaction.

With pre book minicabs I'm sure you can pay by card and the last thing
the traffic needs is black cabs stopped at the side for ages while a card
transaction goes through.

I cannot think of any other transaction where I'd spend =A331 (the price
of a private hire taxi from MK to Luton Airport; the =A31 is the drop-
off fee) and would choose to pay cash for it. I pay by card whenever

Wow, 31 quid. A small fortune. I feel your pain.

B2003