Old September 14th 11, 10:13 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

In message
, at
03:02:41 on Wed, 14 Sep 2011, 1506 remarked:
I cannot think of any other transaction where I'd spend =A331 (the price
of a private hire taxi from MK to Luton Airport; the =A31 is the drop-
off fee) and would choose to pay cash for it. *I pay by card whenever

Wow, 31 quid. A small fortune. I feel your pain.

IIRC Paddington to Victoria is just under GBP15.00. However, Bakerloo
Line, change at Oxford Circus for the Victoria, is not realistic with
two suitcases and a carry-on.

I've done cross-London a few times with two suitcases and a carry-on
(some designs will clip onto one of the suitcases). But I wouldn't
recommend going via Victoria; you should choose the route with that kind
of thing in mind. If Victoria and luggage implies Gatwick, for example,
you can usually construct much more manageable journeys via Thameslink.