Old September 14th 11, 10:24 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

On Sep 14, 11:59*am, Roland Perry wrote:

I think part of the problem is that it's not an "industry" but an
amalgam of self-employed drivers working though a brand-name booking
agency. The individual drivers not having either the status nor
inclination to become credit card merchants in their own right.

I'm sure the taxi companies could make it easy for the drivers (at a
suitable fee, no doubt, which could if necessary be passed onto the
passenger paying by card) if they could be bothered.

Neil