Old September 14th 11, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom,uk.comp.mobile
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Public internet access on the london underground

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:36:32 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
If a manager on duty can't be contacted from any significant period of time
via a land line during an incident then he should be sacked for incompetance
and dereliction of duty. End of.

Except we have moved to a world where mobile phones are just as (if not
more) prevalent than landlines.

Not the point. Mobiles can be lost, broken or the battery can die. There
should always be a fallback landline option.

One bank I worked at wanted my mobile number, presumably so they could hassle
me when I wasn't at work. I refused to give it which didn't please my
director but there was nothing in the job contract about it so there was
nothing they could do. Obviously it wasn't that important or they'd have
supplied me with a company phone. They didn't.

That's a different class of people, I was talking about those who are
travelling to meetings. It's one of the few reasons people travel,
surprisingly enough.

Eh? There are dozens of reasons people travel. Commuting, theatre, shopping,
hospital, holiday etc etc

B2003