Old July 16th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian G Batten Ian G Batten is offline

Default the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
Is anyone here arguing we should require people to work close to where they
live?

Yes. If people live closer to their work and their children's schools,
many otherwise required journeys evaporate. Having a car allows you to
avoid some parts of that at the expense of making a lot of journeys.

A lot of jobs would disappear. I'm sure even you wouldn't argue
this. I'm a member of the Green Party and even I don't support this policy.

How convenient. Car driver. Commutes long distances to work. Joins
Green Party to show moral superiority.

The risk of me causing an injury accident is demonstrably lower than for the
general population

How modest of you.

The risk of me causing an injury accident is higher than it would be if I
didn't travel, or travelled by public transport

So you care less aboutn injuring people than about your convenience.
The only difference between you and every other commuter is the smug
look.

ian