Old September 16th 11, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Westfield and the DLR

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

In message , Recliner
writes

Am I right in thinking that spoil from the HS1
tunnel was used to raise this ground level over the Olympic site?

I don't think so. Most of the tunnel boring was done during the course
of 2003, long before the Olympic bid.

Much of the material used for levelling the Olympic Park came from the
excavation needed for the main stadium, the "ground level" of which
is 9 metres below the surrounding ground level.

Yes, I know that the Olympic stadium arena is sunken, but would that
provide enough material to raise the far larger Olympic park area that
surrounds it?