Old September 16th 11, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Westfield and the DLR

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:53:15 +0100, "Richard J."
wrote:

I'm wondering whether this is some sort of provision to handle
overcrowding during the Olympics, though I don't quite see how it would
work.

They're the special VIP evacuation platforms. There are secret chutes
that run from the Olympic Stadium down to the DLR tunnel. A rocket
powered evacuation train can be there within minutes and can then hurtle
the VIPs away in seconds via the current invisible secret DLR to
National Rail connection ;-))

Where they will immediately get stuck in the Liverpool Street station
throat and face the apocalypse without even the comfort of a Delice de
France bacon croissant.

tom

--
Come with me, and we'll go dreaming.