Old September 16th 11, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Scott Scott is offline

Default Oyster question

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:32:19 -0700 (PDT), Walter van Holst
wrote:

On Sep 16, 7:52*pm, Paul Terry wrote:

and even more importantly where can I
find official communication about me not having to touch in.

I doubt that there is any such communication. The official guidance is
ALWAYS to touch in.

So I noticed. I am mostly looking for evidence that people not always
get fined for not touching in. This is relevant for similar schemes
elsewhere in Europe.

I think the usual fine would be for travelling with intent to avoid
payment of the fare. I suggest you check the by-laws to see if there
is a regulation requiring passengers to touch in and, if there is,
whether there is a penalty for non-compliance.