Old September 17th 11, 05:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter van Holst Walter van Holst is offline

Default Oyster question

On Sep 17, 12:44*am, Paul Corfield wrote:
If such a rule existed then tens of thousands of people a day would be
in breach of the rule and TfL or the TOCs would face monumental
problems of enforcement and prosecution. The potential for severely
damaging press coverage and stakeholder complaint coupled with the
enforcement issue means no such rule or penalty is in place.

Actually, this is the case in the Netherlands right now (without the
press coverage yet): people with season tickets are being fined for
not touching in, despite the season ticket being valid for that area
and mode of transport.

I note the Dutch OV Chipkaart seems to be similar in concept to
London. I will be trying it out next week so will see how it compares
relative to the London system. *Checking in and out on trams and buses
*in vehicle" certainly seems to be different to London (assuming I've
understood the instructions properly!).

I'd like to hear about your experiences. So far I would prefer the
London system from the perspective of ease of use.

Regards,

Walter