Old September 18th 11, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Trolleybuses

Reading about buses that can alternate between battery power and wired
recharging has given me an idea. There are roads near regional centres
that are used by many bus routes, for example Cranbrook Road Ilford,
Romford Station - North Street, Hoe Street Walthamstow, Station Road
Chingford. With a list of only one or two roads per borough, I think
that most bus routes in suburban London use one or more of these
streets. I am wondering if battery technology is near to reaching the
point where wiring only these streets would allow wholesale conversion
of the bus network to rechargeable battery power.