Old September 18th 11, 04:44 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

In message 01cc760b$ba9beb00$LocalHost@default, at 14:10:54 on Sun, 18
Sep 2011, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:
Roland Perry wrote

And then there's the "Maestro"/Servicecard issue, I don't think they
were ever properly interoperable. They've changed to Visa Debit, now
that the Cheque Guarantee aspect is obsolete.

The change to Visa Debit took place a year and more earlier, so I had
one in June 2010 with Cheque Guarantee logo (the scheme was withdrawn
in June 2011).

Time flies. I thought I'd had mine replaced more recently than that (it
was before the expiry date of the Servicecard) but it seems not.

I never used my "Maestro"/Servicecard outside the UK the charges
looking excessive. These are replicated for the replacement Visa Debit
I see so a prepaid Visa might be cheaper for getting cash outside the
UK.

I used mine a bit in the mid 90's before I started travelling a lot and
wondering what the absolutely best card was.