Old February 12th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Bus Routes.

In message , Robin May
writes
Kat wrote the following in:

Kat most certainly will be at work outside traffic hours for two
weeks in every seven; we are a Section 12 station, we wouldn't be
able to open unless we had the right number of staff.

What's a Section 12 station?

OK, never too early for a bit of ATOR [1] revision...

Following the King's Cross fire in 1987, regulations were made under
Section 12 of the Fire Precautions Act 1971 to cover fire safety
arrangements in sub-surface railway stations (The Fire Precautions
(Sub-surface Railway Stations) Regulations 1989) from recommendations
arising from the Fennell Report.

It means any station that's not on an open section is subject to strict
requirements concerning staff numbers and training, evacuation
procedures, fire detection, compartmentation, the use of fire resistant
materials and is enforceable by LFCDA who make regular inspections.

[1] Annual Test Of Rules
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.