Old September 19th 11, 08:07 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default WCML classic service after HS2

On 17/09/2011 16:14, Andy Breen wrote:

The real question is - is charge cycle efficiency enough of a restrictive
factor. It's not like the alternatives don't have serious issues of their
own. Inductive charging or power supply is lossy, H2 is /really/ good at
leaking out of storage (and producing the stuff and compressing or
liquifying it are all monsterously lossy processes).

I went on a tour of Diamond a couple of weeks ago, and they were talking
about recent work to zap their small particles at some molecular
structures which Nottingham university is developing to store hydrogen.
My brain was at risk of starting to hurt, but it sounded convincing at
the time.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK