Old September 19th 11, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Marine themed smartcards

Mizter T wrote on 19 September 2011 20:27:28 ...

On Sep 19, 6:38 pm, Basil wrote:

On 2011\09\19 18:05, Matthew Dickinson wrote:

Merseytravel have followed the trend for marine-named smartcards by
introducing the Walrus card

http://www.walruscard.com/index.asp

That's actually a Beatles theme!

London should have had the Jellied Eel card of course.

What's wrong with Oyster? As observed by Senior Museum of London
archaeologist Julian Bowsher: "Oysters were in fact the staple diet of
the poor, right up to the Victorian period, and certainly we find oyster
shells by the thousand on nearly every archaeological site we do."
--
Richard J.