Old September 20th 11, 05:09 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default WCML classic service after HS2

On 20/09/2011 18:07, Sam Wilson wrote:
In ,
Graeme wrote:

On 20/09/2011 17:22, Sam Wilson wrote:
... ISTR (but it was a long
time ago so I could be very, very wrong) reading of tests where bullets
were fired through hydrogen adsorption tanks, the kind that were
intended for motor vehicle use, to prove that they wouldn't explode.

I remember seeing film of just such a test on Tomorrow's World about 40
years ago. What they don't show is that you can do the same through a
petrol tank.

Don't be silly! Everyone knows that if you fire a gun in the rough
direction of a car it will explode in a huge cloud of flame and black
smoke. I've seen it on TV. And at the cinema. Same thing happens if
you fire a shotgun at a domestic gas tank, even though there's nothing
that burns with smoke in one of those. That was in The Bourne Identity
and that's gritty and realistic so that must be true as well.

Ah well, must be true then :-)

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail