Old September 20th 11, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Marine themed smartcards

On 20/09/2011 18:51, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 20/09/2011 10:36, bob wrote:
On Sep 19, 10:52 pm,
wrote:
On 19/09/2011 18:05, Matthew Dickinson wrote:

Merseytravel have followed the trend for marine-named smartcards by
introducing the Walrus card

http://www.walruscard.com/index.asp

Cool. Are they going to have a Cod card or a Haddock card for Scotland,
I wonder?

I'm assuming Cardiff would have a Whale card.

I wonder how they came up with the term Oystercard to begin with,
however?

I belief the official idea was some sort of association with
containing pearls. Of course Hong Kong has the octopus card too.

World is your Oyster?

"Pearl" is Sydney.

Pearl's a singer...

--