Old September 22nd 11, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trolleybuses

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

Reading about buses that can alternate between battery power and
wired recharging has given me an idea. There are roads near regional
centres that are used by many bus routes, for example Cranbrook Road
Ilford, Romford Station - North Street, Hoe Street Walthamstow,
Station Road Chingford. With a list of only one or two roads per
borough, I think that most bus routes in suburban London use one or
more of these streets. I am wondering if battery technology is near
to reaching the point where wiring only these streets would allow
wholesale conversion of the bus network to rechargeable battery power.

Wouldn't thy need a higher proportion of each route than that under the
wires to get enough charging?

--
Colin Rosenstiel