Old September 22nd 11, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

Default WCML classic service after HS2

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:35:23
on Thu, 22 Sep 2011, remarked:
There is clearly something to be said for Electric/trolley buses.
They are still very much in use in Boston, MA and San Francisco, CA.

And Seattle, WA and Metro Vancouver, BC.

And much of Eastern Europe.

Europe generally. Switzerland has quite a few systems.

My picture of one in Geneva:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/25005195

Also in Lausanne.

In more Swiss cities than I can immediately bring to mind. The 3-section
buses in Zürich have a diesel that can power them off the wires at moderate
speeds (I've stood next to one that got gapped at a tram/trolleybus
crossing and fired up the donk to proceed).

Robin