Old February 12th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Miles Tony Miles is offline

Default Meeting Point at Paddington

"Joe" wrote in message
I will be meeting my son at London Paddington station tomorrow afternoon.
Can someone suggest a suitable meeting point at the station. (We will both
be coming in by tube (main station))

There's a FGW information desk not far from the top of the main
stairs/escalators to the tube station.
The row of LCD screens with departure information etc. towards the side of
the concourse at the platform 1 end or even just "near the gates" to a
particular platform.

The P1 side is probably best as the other side of the concourse is dark and
gloomy.

Of course it depends a bit on which tube line you are arriving on - the
Metropolitan platforms are in the open at the side of the main station - and
feed into an overbridge at the west end of the platforms. You could meet on
the bridge at the top of the stairs to platform 1 or something.

Hope that helps..

Tony

(or if you have mobiles you do the "where are you?....where?.... by the
what?.... what do you mean 'behind you'?... Oh - hello")