Old February 12th 04, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roger the cabin boy Roger the cabin boy is offline

Default Eighteen LU trains damaged at Farringdon...

OK I stand corrected. I am sure I read it in yestrdays Evening Standard.
Still you know what they say - Todays newspaper - tomorrows chip paper.

After further investigation I have unearthed from the www.thisislondon site
the actual story that was printed and the following is what I had read
yesterday and it appears it was Bob Kiley who they quoted

"He told a board meeting of Transport for London: "If we don't see
improvements in the maintenance performance or renewal activity which is
broadly under way, then we may be at a point where we will have to revisit
these contracts in a pretty vigorous way.
"At the end of the second year all forgiveness is over. "

This led me to believe it had been 2 yrs.

The article is at
http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...ing%20Standard

The bit about the chip paper still stands ;-)