Old September 28th 11, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kensington Olympia LU service cuts

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote in message

In article ,
() wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:20:29 +0100
"Paul Scott" wrote:
Consultation complete:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/20357.aspx

"We heard from more than 15,000 people. After considering all the
ahead."

Which is what everyone expected anyway...

I don't quite get how the olympia service which only ran every 15 or
30 mins can have caused such congestion at earls court that they
feel the need to get rid of it. Or is that just an excuse? (I'm not
axe grinding , it makes no difference to me, I never use it).

They want to use the units elsewhere.

In days gone by, wasn't this service operated by half-length trains
(which would be more than enough except when there's a large show at
Olympia)?

In days gone by they used the most ancient District Line stock still
running, until about 1959 when they realised what a bad impression it gave
to people coming to international exhibitions at Olympia. Since then they
have used standard District Line stock. Atone time that was 6-car trains as
used on the Wimbleware service but not enough C69/77 stock was ordered to
allow that to continue.

--
Colin Rosenstiel