Old September 29th 11, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default An exhibition of stupidity

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 01:41:10PM +0100, Bruce wrote:

I haven't seen Exhibition Road as rebuilt but I have seen some of the
plans for it and was pessimistic as to whether it would work. Such
schemes have apparently worked in other European countries but as far
as I know, only in narrow streets.

And that's the problem with taking "solutions" that are "proven to work"
in little mainland European towns and trying to apply them to London.
There's nothing wrong with doing over Exhibition Road as an experiment,
to see if it works on wider streets with a different mix of traffic,
but it must be *as an experiment*, with measurable goals defined in
advance.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

Deck of Cards: $1.29.
"101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59.
Cheap replacement for the one thing Windows is good at: priceless
-- Shane Lazarus