Old October 3rd 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Henleys corner crossing - someone tell me this is a joke

In message om, at
11:02:31 on Mon, 3 Oct 2011, GT remarked:
This is silly - removing the button doesn't help them to avoid breaking
their law: The religious law prohibits them from using electricity or
operating machinery on the Sabbath. What exactly do they think the green man
is powered by?!!

It depends how strict they are about "using" (or whatever the exact
wording is) - I know of some who won't drive a car, but are happy to be
given a lift by someone else, for example.